Prep Student Morning Drop-Off
Parking Entrance (one way traffic): All traffic enters from the east into the Cicero parking lot from the road to the south of the property using the right-hand lane only (no left turns permitted). Proceed to the east side of the prep building to one of the two lanes designated for prep traffic in front of the prep main building doors.
Parking Exit (one way traffic): Prep Parents must leave the property using the exit located on the south-east side of the parking lot (toward field). Westbound turns must be made from the right lane, eastbound turns must be made from the left lane.
- Campus Opening Time: Cicero Prep’s enclosed campus opens for students at 7:15 a.m. No students are allowed on campus prior to 7:15 am.
- Drop-Off: The Prep drop-off area is the two marked lanes located to the east of the prep building. All vehicles dropping off must pull forward as much as possible to the next stopped car. Students may only exit from vehicles in these designated lanes. Follow all instructions from faculty on traffic duty. Parents are required to remain in their cars when dropping off.
- Prep Entrances: From 7:15-7:37am, students may be dropped off in the prep car-line drop-off. No parents are allowed to enter campus until they have checked in through the front office.
- Parent Parking: Parents who need to visit the CiP office should park in available spots east of the prep building or in the Pavillions lot behind Chuck E Cheese. The office is located in the middle of the north side of the campus Cicero lot parking is limited. Thus, parking in order to drop-off or walk a student to class during morning drop off is not permitted (except for extraordinary circumstances).
- Late Arrival: Parents who arrive after 7:37am should send their student to the front office to receive a tardy and pass to class. Three tardies will result in a detention (see handbook for full description of our tardy policy).
Prep Student Afternoon Pick-up
Campus Dismissal: Students are dismissed from class at 3:15 pm Once a student leaves the exit of the prep building, there is no re-entry. Students must re- enter the campus via the front office.
Pick-Up: The Prep car pick-up area is the two marked lanes located to the east of the prep building. All vehicles dropping off must pull forward as much as possible to the next stopped car. Follow all instructions from faculty on traffic duty. Parents are required to remain in their cars when picking up. If your student is not present for pick-up you will be asked to re-queue (drive through parking lot and rejoin pick-up line).
Students will leave campus at 3:15 pm via their designated exit gate/door to do one of the following:
- Meet parents in their car in the Prep car-line, between 2:50-3:20pm If your student is not outside when your car pulls up to the front of the line, you will be motioned to circle around the parking lot and get back in line. This will help keep traffic flowing.
- Walk/ride off campus to go home or visit shops in the Pavilions.
- Meet parents in their parked car at the movie theater parking lot to the east of the old Chuck ‘E Cheese building (disclaimer: No loitering on the sidewalk or dirt area on the east side of the Chuck ‘E Cheese building– and for safety reasons, parents should be waiting for their student by 2:40 pm.
- Meet parents outside the prep building (parents park and walk-up to meet your student). Students are NOT permitted to walk to a parked car or a car that is circling around the Cicero parking lot. Spaces in Cicero’s lot are reserved for parents who park and come on campus after school.
- Wait outside prep doors for parent pick up
- Ride bikes/walk home
- Walk and meet you at your car in the movie theater parking lot to the east of the old Chuck ‘E Cheese building
- Walk and use the crosswalk to meet parent/s Pavilions lots near Home Depot, Target, or other designated area
- Wait unsupervised at target, movie theater lot, or Pavilions shopping area and be rowdy, disruptive, disrespectful. As long as a student is wearing the Cicero uniform, they should act in accordance with the family handbook, as they are representing the school.
- Pick up from the street south of the school
- Drive in the archway exit and pick up your students
- Wait across the street near the car wash and have your students Jay-walk.
All after school programs, with the exception of athletics, are temporarily suspended due to Covid. Updates from the front office will come in Quarter 2.
Students Remaining on Campus: Since all students must be supervised on campus after school, prep students may remain on campus only in order to attend one of the following supervised activities:
- Homework Club
- Boys & Girls Club
- A Co-Curricular Program
*Note: From 3:15-3:45 pm, students waiting for any of these activities to begin will wait in a supervised area, either under the awning near the blue tables outside of the prep building, or in an assigned classroom.
Campus Close Time: Students who are not enrolled in one of the above activities will not be permitted to stay on campus after 3:45 p.m.
The above times are for regular school days. Times adjusted accordingly for half days.
For the safety of all students, vehicle drop/off and pick-up must be done in the prep car line. Dropping off/picking up in an undesignated area on or off campus is not permitted.
All students must use crosswalks and obey all traffic laws when entering or leaving the campus and continue to use them when walking to any area in the Pavilions or across major roads.
Note: Students leaving campus in their uniforms continue to represents Cicero Prep. Thus, they are expected to conduct themselves with courtesy and respect when frequenting nearby business establishments.
A student who breaks any of these rules may be issued a detention.
Reckless driving, including speeding, cell phone usage, or other unsafe behavior, may result in a report being made to local law enforcement.
Disclaimer: Cicero Prep provides reasonable options for you to pick-up your child in a supervised and safe area on campus. Allowing your student to walk off campus to an unsupervised area may place him or her in danger. Cicero Prep accepts no liability once a student leaves the campus.
Prep & Archway Sibling Drop off and Pick Up
- Pick up your Prep student either from the walk-up gate or the Prep car-line, between 2:50-3:10 p.m. Drive around and pick up your Archway student separately between 3:15-3:30pm via the Archway car-line (or walk-up gate.)
- After school, prep students waiting for their archway sibling are to walk out of their designated gate/door and should walk to Gate 5 to meet their sibling. The prep student must present the archway-issued red placard to the Gate Supervisor to leave with the archway student. Then your prep and archway students may either ride bikes or walk off campus together to meet you at home or at your car in the movie theater parking lot to the east of the old Chuck ‘E Cheese building. Disclaimer: There should be no loitering on the sidewalk to the east of the parking lot. This area will not be supervised by the school.
- Later Prep pick-up option: Prep students can attend tutoring, a club, or Homework Club after school. Parents can pick up their Archway student in the Archway pick-up line from 3:10-3:30 and circle around to the Prep car-line to pick up their prep student.
Students waiting for a sibling to attend a co-curriculars, athletics or tutoring.
- Since all students must be supervised afterschool, Prep students waiting for their Archway sibling to attend a club can only wait on campus if they are attending Homework Club, Athenaeum, or a Prep club during that time.
- Archway students waiting for a Prep sibling to attend tutoring, a club, or a sport can only wait on campus by attending Athenaeum or a club of their own.
For safety reasons, Archway students are NEVER permitted to be picked up in the Prep car-line.
The above times are for regular school days. Times adjusted accordingly for Wednesdays and half days.
Early Release Wednesdays
Prep now has Early Release at 2:30 pm on Wednesdays.
Adjust times and follow the Normal Pick-Up instructions above.
***PDF files can be read with a pdf reader, such as from Adobe Acrobat Reader